History of Past Recipient
Adult Ambassador Checklist
Child Ambassador Checklist
The Missouri Speech-Language-Hearing Association (MSHA)
announces that our Ambassador of the Year campaign is now accepting
nominations for a child (ages 3-20) and/or an adult (21 and over).
"Better Hearing and Speech Month,” promoted in May joined
by our Ambassador brings the awareness to speech, language and hearing
disorders and their treatment to life. Please help us by nominating
your favorite accomplished patient or client. As our Ambassador(s),
the chosen person(s) will represent the thousands of people in Missouri
who present communication problems.
The Ambassador(s) will be presented the Ambassador of the Year Award(s)
at the MSHA Annual Convention.
The Contest Rules Are As Follows:
- Nominations must be sponsored by MSHA members.
- Child nominees must be at least three years of age by May 1,
- Adult nominees must be at least 21 years of age by May 1, 2013.
- Nominees must present a significant hearing, speech and/or language
problem as documented by an audiologist and/or speech-language pathologist.
- Nominees must be able to attend and accept recognition at the
MSHA Convention. The person(s) selected as Ambassador(s) may be
asked to make other public appearances.
- Chosen nominees, with the assistance of family/care providers
as needed, must write a maximum 500-word statement of explanation
on how their audiologist and/or speech-language pathologist participated
in their communication ability.
- Submissions accepted December 1 thru December 30. No exceptions or extensions will be permitted.
- The following supportive data must accompany the entry form below:
Professional estimate of the person’s hearing, speech and/or
Current audiogram (if appropriate)
- Good quality colored photograph.
Please note: After completing the form below, you will be directed to a new page to upload the above supportive data. The files should be named to inlcude your name and document type (e.g., Smith-Photo, Smith-Esitmate...).
Questions: Contact the
MSHA Central Office,
ALL ENTRIES BECOME THE PROPERTY OF MSHA AND THE DECISIONS
OF THE EXECUTIVE BOARD ARE FINAL.
Be Sure to Nominate Your Favorite Person Today!
MSHA Ambassador Entry Form