Leadership Program Application
Student Leadership Program
The MSHA Minority Student Leadership Program (MSLP) provides mentoring for ethnic/minority (graduate) students by professionals who are aware of the many challenges and benefits of being a minority in the profession of speech-language pathology and audiology. This mentoring event takes place during our annual MSHA Convention every year. The program allows minority students unique opportunities to explore, participate and experience various convention activities/events that are designed to facilitate leadership skills and career pathways in speech-language pathology and audiology. As MSHA reaches its 54 years of celebration, I share with you my pleasure of reflecting on the history of success of MSLP that has culminated into strong professional/personal bonds between many mentors and students in the state of Missouri. In fall 2013, the university departmental chairpersons will be sent a formal notice via e-mail regarding applications for the MSLP in 2014! Please identify the minority graduate students and mentors in your program and encourage them to apply for this wonderful opportunity.
Please see below for the Student Application Information. The deadline for submitting the application is February 6, 2014. Please note that the completed applications must be sent electronically to Jayanti Ray at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com or 573-986- 6404 (office), if you have any questions.
Jayanti Ray, Ph.D.
- Please note that student application packets must be received by February 6, 2014.
- Be sure to email the MSLP application form to firstname.lastname@example.org with the rest of the required items per the checklist on the application form (Statement of Commitment).
- Applications are reviewed by a non-biased committee of readers made up of MSHA Multicultural Committee members.
- All applicants will be notified of the awards by the Coordinator of the MSLP.
- Students who plan to attend the convention regardless of the outcome of the selection process are encouraged to register for the convention by the early registration deadline, if they wish to take advantage of early registration fees and assure they are registered in advance for desired sessions. If they are selected, MSHA will issue them a refund.
- The Coordinator of the MSLP will complete the registration process for applicants who plan to attend the convention only as a consequence of being selected as an award recipient.
Additional questions regarding the application process should be directed to Jayanti Ray at email@example.com. You may also call 573-986-6404 during the weekdays.